Sunday, October 17, 2010

T.I. Sentenced to 11 Months in Jail


Here’s the story according to ABC News


Grammy-winning rapper T.I. was sentenced to 11 months in prison on Friday for violating the terms of his probation. The 30–year-old hip-hop star was arrested in September on suspicion of possession of the drug Ecstasy.


T.I., whose real name is Calvin Harris, sought leniency in the case as prosecutors pushed for a two-year sentence, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.


“I screwed up. I screwed up big time and I am sorry,” Harris said before U.S. District Judge Charles Pannell. “I’m truly and sincerely sorry. I don’t want and I don’t need to use drugs anymore. I want them out of my life.”


Harris faced a potential 30 years in prison for federal gun charges in 2007 when he was arrested following the Black Entertainment Television awards. He paid a $100,000 fine and was sentenced to one year in prison after completing 1000 hours of community service while under house arrest.