Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Surface to Air Missile – I Gotcha (Lupe Fiasco x Jack Johnson)


Lupe Fiasco’s “I Gotcha” vs. Jack Johnson’s “If I Had Eyes”


The main mission, in my opinion, of a mashup is to make the a capella on a track sound better on a different beat. This mashup definitely accomplishes that task. This track is most dope and flows so well. Lupe’s lyrics and John Mayer’s beats combine to make a n ill mashup. I was told in the email that the mashup artist, known as Surface to Air Missile, has a mashup album, which I haven’t gotten around to listening to, but I’ll let you guys decide whether you wish to see whether there are any other mashups worth downloading.


Been readin and listenin to GMAD for a while now, and know you guys dig mashups. Anyway, just finished up my own mashup album over the summer called ‘Concubines and Chedda’. It goes in a little bit of a different direction than just taking a couple Top 40 songs and beatsyncing them.



Surface to Air Missile – I Gotcha (Lupe Fiasco x Jack Johnson) [Click to Download]


Bonus: Here’s the link to Surface to Air Missile’s mashup mixtape, which features the mashup above


Surface to Air Missile – Concubines and Chedda (Mixtape) [Click to Download]