Thursday, September 9, 2010

JurisDoc – Dead Wrong About Cameras (Matt & Kim vs The Notorious B.I.G.)


A very well-made mashup


This has been in the inbox for days now, and it just happened to play on my recently added list. We featured iSh the other day with his sample of Matt & Kim’s “Cameras,” which was really good, but this is quite different. It has Biggie and it makes you appreciate Biggie’s “Dead Wrong” a lot more. This song propels itself onto my list of favorite mashups. Here’s what James P. Dickinson aka JurisDoc wrote on his blog, SoFlyFish, about his mashup:


Matt & Kim came out with a pretty good track called Cameras, and I felt that it would be much more of a hot jam with a Biggie acapella over it. So I did just that. The audio on “Dead Wrong” might not be of the highest quality (considering he’s been dead for 13 years, this acapella is pretty good as it is) but the song meshed together sounds great. Hope everyone enjoys listening to this track as much as I enjoyed creating it


JurisDoc – Dead Wrong About Cameras (Matt & Kim vs The Notorious B.I.G.) (click to download)




Filed under: Hip-Hop