Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rich Hil – Purple Roads n Shit [Ft. Florence & The Machine]


Get lost in the beat and the words full of feeling


Rich Hil aka Richard Hilfiger, also known as Tommy Hilfiger’s son, released this song in early July, and I didn’t know of it until yesterday. This is a dark song that samples Florence & The Machine’s “Purple Roads n Shit.” The song has a lot of feeling. Rich Hil’s voice in the song, along with the Florence & The Machine sample allow me to wrap myself in the lyrics and lie down, daydreaming and trying to discover the deep meaning behind Rich’s song. I would have expected this on the soundtrack of the movie “The Invisible,” alongside Death Cab’s “I Will Follow You In The Dark.”


Rich Hil – Purple Roads n Shit [Ft. Florence & The Machine] (click to download)